Reading Notes: Robin Hood, Part A

The English and Scottish Popular Ballads by Francis James Child.

This week I chose to read Robin Hood because there are so many different versions of these tales that we have been exposed to throughout our lives and I thought that it would be interesting to read where they all came from.  

I found it interesting that in these tales, Robin is depicted as not only the thief and creator of mischief that we are used to in such tales, but also as a murderer. In many of the depictions Robin is misguided but we do not usually see him as a killer. I enjoyed how Robin Hood was a ballad. This isn't something that we see very often and I thought that it was quite an idea to be able tot get the readers involved in other ways than reading.



Robin Hood: Public Domain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Girl Who Hates Free Time

Week 11 Story: The Killer Whale Servant